With Cecile Richards, former head of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, in Des Moines last night, Planned Parenthood unsurprisingly endorsed Fred Hubbell for Governor.
Jill June, former CEO of Iowa’s Planned Parenthood, spoke during the event. She had this to say:“Our backs are against the wall here in Iowa. We have lost on so many fronts, it’s hard to describe them all. Women’s reproductive rights have been trampled.”
It may seem “hard to describe them all” from their perspective.
Fortunately for Ms. June, Life Right Action recently spent some time elaborating on many of the ways women and unborn children are now safer in Iowa.
You won’t want to miss this lengthy list!
- Late-Term Abortionist, LeRoy Carhart, announcing his plan in 2010 to set up shop in Council Bluffs, NEVER DID. Why? Because the pro-life community rose up and made it completely clear — he wasn’t welcome here. At all. We knew, in 2015, when he dropped his plan to move into Iowa from his website that we had WON!
- Iowa abortions rates have plummeted nearly 50% since 2007!
- TWENTY Planned Parenthood clinics CLOSED FOR GOOD in Iowa between 2010-2017! In fact, we are second in the nation, only to Texas, for the number of clinics closing!
- None of the half-dozen Iowa clinics scheduled to open shortly after 2011 ever did. In fact, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland (PPH) never got close to their goal of a walk-in abortion clinic in all 99 counties.
- The multi-billion dollar whistleblower lawsuit, filed in 2011 by former PPH clinic manager, Sue Thayer, is still winding its way through the Courts.
- Planned Parenthood of the Heartland recently announced their IMPLOSION, as they fold into a merger with nearby states.
- Life-saving ultrasound legislation was signed into law a few years ago. This was the first pro-life law to see the light of day in decades!
- In November 2016, 93 of 99 Iowa counties voted against the pro-abortion presidential candidate, retired 6 pro-abortion senators; flipping the Iowa Senate and maintaining the pro-life House.
- This resulted in the passage of a historic amount of pro-life legislation in 2017-2018, Iowa moved from “worse than New York State” to one of the most pro-life states in the nation in just two years with the passage of:
- The 20 Week Abortion Ban
- A 72-hour waiting period before an abortion (overturned by Iowa Supreme Court)
- The defunding of abortion providers in our State Family Planning budget
- A first-of-its-kind Safe Haven Expansion Law
- An important ban on the trafficking of unborn baby parts
- The Fetal Heartbeat Bill (there has been a temporary injunction placed on it due to a lawsuit)
- And the rejection of the Iowa Supreme Court decision allowing parents to sue a doctor for wrongful birth – wrongful life.
- Further, recent attempts by pro-choice “Compassion and Choices” and their legislative allies were beaten back as they aggressively pursued assisted suicide advances in Iowa.
- Since 2010, we have had a pro-life Governor, Lt. Governor and Legislature, who have sacrificed much to provide a safer Iowa to our unborn children and their mothers.
- Pro-life women in Iowa broke the proverbial glass ceiling as we saw the first female U.S. State Senator in Joni Ernst; our first female speaker of the House, Linda Upmeyer; and first woman Governor in Kim Reynolds and many others!
- Since 2013, down any given Iowa road, you will encounter a “Choose Life” license plate. I hope the sight of those make you smile as much as they do me.
Unfortunately for Ms. June, Mr. Hubbell and the ever-shrinking Iowa abortion industry, Iowans are completely uninterested in returning to a state that refuses to protect the most vulnerable among us.