Susan B. Anthony List called on Facebook to stop its censorship of pro-life paid advertisements leading up the midterm elections. The group’s “Charlotte” and “Micah” videos tell the story of children born prematurely who were given lifesaving care, and both babies were born at gestational ages when abortion is permissible.
Watch their Charlotte video below:
Watch their “Micah” ad below:
“Facebook must immediately stop its shameful censorship of the pro-life movement,” Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of Susan B. Anthony
Here is the timeline of Facebook’s censorship:
- 10/9 – SBA List begins running 30-second Micah ad on Facebook
- 10/10 – SBA List begins running 30-second Charlotte ad on Facebook
- 10/12 – Facebook disapproves the Charlotte ad (stops ad campaign from running)
- 10/12 – SBA List appeals Facebook decision – they approve and reinstate the ad later that day
- 10/24 – Facebook disapproves Micah ad, SBA List appeals decision
- 10/25 – Facebook reinstates Micah ad
- 10/25 – Facebook disapproves Charlotte ad a second time
- 10/25 – SBA List appeals again
Facebook is not the only platform censoring pro-life groups. Twitter also censors paid advertisments by pro-life groups like Live Action.