Caffeinated Thoughts receives hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. What were the most visited articles in 2019? Here is our list.
10. Des Moines Seeks to Infringe Gun Owners Rights by Donald Bolken.
Bolken said that the Des Moines City Council’s proposed “high capacity” gun magazine bans is ‘unconstitutional, illegal, and harmful.’
9. The Des Moines Register’s Irresponsible Twitter Trolling of Carson King by Shane Vander Hart
The Des Moines Register diving seven years into Carson King’s Twitter account is not good journalism, it’s needlessly digging for dirt on a private citizen, Shane Vander Hart wrote.
8. Minnesota State Rep: Omar “Most Crooked Politician in Minnesota History” by Shane Vander Hart
Minn. State Rep. Steve Drazkowski accused U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar of campaign finance ethics violations, tax fraud, immigration fraud, bigamy, and perjury.
7. Iowa Democrats’ Largest Target? Hy-Vee by Kelvey Vander Hart
Kudos to Hy-Vee for supporting the rights of law-abiding Iowans in spite of the outrage mob, Kelvey Vander Hart wrote.
6. Debate: David French vs. Sohrab Ahmari (Video) by Shane Vander Hart
David French of National Review (now The Dispatch) and Sohrab Ahamri of the New York Post debated how cultural conservatives should respond to the secular left.
5. Quad City Festival of Trees: No Trump Trees Allowed by Shane Vander Hart
Ashley Richardson was told that her Christmas tree violated the Festival of Trees policy banning political designs, a policy that didn’t exist before.
4. California Bans State Travel to Iowa Over Medicaid Defunding of Transgender Surgeries by Shane Vander Hart
Iowa becomes the 11th state added to California’s official travel ban list because it defunded sex reassignment surgeries of Medicaid dollars.
3. Iowa House Bill Requires “Health and Wellness” Checks of Homeschoolers by Shane Vander Hart
HF 272 sponsored by State Representative Mary Mascher (D-Iowa City) requires school districts to perform quarterly home visits of their homeschooling families.
“I initially thought Drag Queen Story Hours were a hoax and simply unfathomable until I experienced one myself,” Taylor wrote.
1. Skillet’s John L. Cooper on Young Christian Influencers Leaving the Faith by Shane Vander Hart
“It is time for the church to rediscover the preeminence of the Word. And to value the teaching of the Word. We need to value truth over feeling,” Cooper said.