Donna Harrison, M.D. responds to Oxford statement: Elective abortion is not medical care. Killing human beings to solve social problems is not medical care.
The House Majority PAC Ad criticizing Congressmen Steve King & Tom Latham’s opposition to embryonic stem cell research touts the empty promise of a cure.
Miscellany for your Monday! Monergism: Responding to the Arminian “Drowning Man” Analogy CNN: South African doctor invents female condoms with ‘teeth’ to fight rape Financial Times: US manufacturing crown slips Mere Orthodoxy: What if the problem of evil isn’t a problem at all? Telegraph (UK): Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House (It looks like […]
Doing some Saturday link loving of blogger friends and causes I support… I haven’t done that in awhile. 40 Days For Life: Abortion Snowed Out All American Blogger: My CPAC Interview with Rep. Steve King (R-IA) Gerrard Fess: The 4 Rs in dealing with Death Head Noises: Everyone is Speaking in Monotone Kansas Bob: Facebook […]
In Oregon that is the case. Some terminally ill patients in Oregon who turned to their state for health care were denied treatment and offered doctor-assisted suicide instead, a proposal some experts have called a "chilling" corruption of medical ethics. Since the spread of his prostate cancer, 53-year-old Randy Stroup of Dexter, Ore., has been […]
1. The American Spectator: Hillary’s Saari Tour of India by Ken Blackwell Last week’s controversy had Hillary in a burqa — with liberal blogress Tina Brown claiming that President Obama was treating his Secretary of State like a "Saudi wife." But this week, Mrs. Clinton is in India. She is the latest of administration officials […]
1. 2009 Ten Best & Worst States on abortion, bioethics and end-of-life concerns. (HT: Reasoned Audacity) 2. New name for the Stimulus Porkulus plan coined by Mike Huckabee this weekend on his show on Fox News. If I find video of this I’ll post it. Congressional Relief Action Plan. Tell Congress that we aren’t going […]
Of numerous things that President Obama said in his inaugural address his comment about science was one that stuck out to me. He said that he would, “restore science to its rightful place and wield technology’s wonders to raise health care’s quality.” Some questions: What is science’s rightful place? What exactly happened, in his mind, […]
There is a lot of speculation about what will happen should a Democratically-controlled Congress passes and President-Elect Obama signs the Freedom of Choice Act into law, thereby negating all pro-life legislation. Melinda Henneberger contributes to this by speculating on the possible trickle down effect, namely the impact on Catholic Hospitals. She wrote in an article […]
1. With the ability to get up to 60 miles per gallon maybe it’s time to go out and buy that motorcycle. Nah, I’m still a few years away from my scheduled mid-life crisis, but it would save on gas. 2. A different perspective on the foreclosure mess. Very sad, but as Jake Bouma suggests […]
1. Here’s to you Mr. Seeker-Sensitive Mega Church Pastor Guy! I’m not against mega churches, but I thought this was hilarious. httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9DF16Fx8k HT: C. Michael Patton 2. Planned Parenthood and other supporters of “comprehensive sex education” are now using the latest CDC study that shows that 26% of high school-aged girls have a sexually transmitted […]
1. Sweet photo, not doctored – read the story. HT: Stephanie 2. House Democrats obviously don’t give a rip about our National Security. httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY9iXX1fT3A HT: Stix 3. Conservative herald William F. Buckley, Jr. dies at the age of 82 on Wednesday in his study… probably skewering liberal thought, I’m sure. See Chicago Tribune coverage with […]
1. More problems with the Episcopal Church – a leading Episcopal conservative is urging the denomination to halt the process of disciplining Bishop Robert Duncan of Pittsburgh because of his movement toward disaffiliation. “In brief, I would urge TEC (The Episcopal Church) and other Anglican bishops to pray for and take action so that this […]
I thought I would pull together twenty links, videos, quotes, pictures that in my opinion are interesting (but not worth a separate post) and do a blog post every week. I got this idea from Joe Carter who does something similar with 33 Things. 1. Remember the GOP Debate moderated by the Des Moines Register […]