The abortion industry has a counter to 40 Days for Life. It seems unreal, but Six Rivers Planned Parenthood in Eureka, CA have a committee called Humbolt County Clergy for Choice (yes you read that right) a group of pastors who are in favor of slaughtering unborn children in the womb, started “40 Days of Prayer Supporting Women Everywhere” with prayer requests written by another “faith-based” group called Faith Aloud. The 40 Days runs from March 18th to April 27th, and the “prayers” listed have actually been used by those in the abortion industry for quite some time, but Planned Parenthood just started promoting this. Now that it is two days from completion I have to wonder if God answered prayer requests such as:
- Today we pray for medical students who want to include abortion care in their practice. May they receive good training and find good mentors.
- Today we pray for better access to all forms of birth control.
- Today we pray for the counselors in abortion clinics that they may listen with their hearts and offer wise guidance. (When you look at Planned Parenthood’s stats it seems like the advice is always to get an abortion…hmmm…)
- Today we pray for all the staff at abortion clinics around the nation. May they be daily confirmed in the sacred care that they offer women. (Abortion is sacred care? Have these “pastors” read Psalm 139?)
- Today we give thanks for abortion providers around the nation whose concern for women (don’t they mean money?) is the driving force in their lives.
- Today we pray for the women who travel hundreds of miles to get an abortion. May their determination be rewarded with spiritual strength. (Really?)
- Today we give thanks and celebrate that abortion is still safe and legal. (We can be sure that God is not celebrating).
They are concerned about the abortionists who have been killed violently (and I condemn that behavior as well, it is inconsistent to be pro-life and then murder somebody at the same time), there is no concern of the babies who haven’t been “chosen.” I think I threw up in my mouth a little reading through these. Sick, sick, sick. While women who have had an abortion need to be lovingly ministered to and not shunned by the church, it is completely inappropriate for this behavior to be celebrated by any person calling themselves a pastor.
HT: Jordan Sekulow