The radio in my car was tuned to WHO-Radio in Des Moines at the 4pm “Top of the Hour” newscast today. Newsman Gary Barrett explained that the grandson of Democratic Congressman Leonard Boswell* had warded off an armed intruder to the rural Boswell household with a shotgun. The man was already attacking one of the women in the household and fled the scene after being confronted by the younger Boswell.
In an amazing display of hutzpah, the story ended with a quote from (I believe) a law-enforcement officer suggesting that residents should not take out their firearms when faced with an intruder because
- They might wrestle the gun from you and do you harm
- If you let them take whatever they want from you, they will USUALLY just leave you unharmed.
- One of the purposes of owning a gun is to see to it that they don’t take all your stuff.
- In the case at hand, it appears the masked gunman was after more than stuff, if you catch my drift.
- There is no indication the man would have left the Boswell family unharmed, in fact, there were minor injuries.
- Were the Boswells supposed to wait for the arrival of the police to come to their rural home by “chance”?
- The man was already armed.
His wife also ows a business selling antique and collectible postcards on eBay since 1999. David was an activist with Operation Rescue in the early 1990s. He is a member of Trinity Presbyterian Reformed Church in Johnston, Iowa.
David suffered a stroke in 2012, but has begun to recover after almost four years of complications.To God be the Glory, I believe he is continuing a work in me, that he began when I was a child (Philippians 1:6)
Latest posts by David Shedlock (see all)
- Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump: To Vote or Not to Vote - July 27, 2016
- Reagan and the Black Panthers - June 20, 2016
- Why Do We Trust Them? - June 13, 2016