President Barack Obama addressed the largest abortion provider in the United States – Planned Parenthood. He was the first sitting President to ever do so. He ended his address by saying “God bless you.”
God bless Planned Parenthood? Does he really think God will bless the slaughter of innocent children in the womb? A call to repentance would have been more appropriate.
He also doubled down on being the most pro-abortion President in our history.
“As long as we’ve got to fight to make sure women have access to quality, affordable health care, and as long as we’ve got to fight to protect a woman’s right to make her own choices about her own health, I want you to know that you’ve also got a president who’s going to be right there with you, fighting every step of the way,” said Obama. “Thank you, Planned Parenthood. God bless you.”
During his speech he failed to address the murder trial of abortion practitioner Kermit Gosnell which isn’t suprising since he’s failed to say anything about it before as LifeNews.com reports:
Obama has thus far refused to comment on the trial — despite the fact that he has commented on other trials in progress previously. His refusal has been noted but pro-life advocatesand in the halls of Congress.
“Mr. President, your silence on this issue is deafening,” said Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) in a speech on the House floor yesterday.
Marjorie Dannenfelser, President of Susan B. Anthony List responded to President Obama’s speech.
President Obama touts Planned Parenthood as a trusted friend and health care provider to women and girls, but this could not be further from the truth. Planned Parenthood last week admitted to knowing about the conditions inside Kermit Gosnell’s Philadelphia clinic yet chose not to act to help end the killing of newborn babies and butchering of women.
President Obama blatantly ignored this inconvenient truth about the abortion industry’s horrific lack of oversight, and disparaged the pro-life advocates who wake up each morning with the goal of saving the lives of unborn children and women from the pain of abortion.
It seems that nothing – not even eyewitness accounts of Gosnell-style conditions in their own clinics – is enough to make President Obama reconsider his unyielding support for Planned Parenthood, which in a single year performed more than 333,000 abortions and received half a billion dollars in taxpayer money. It is no wonder that in introducing him, the first thing Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards did was to lavish praise on President Obama for supporting the abortion giant to the point of willingness to shut down the entire government during the continuing resolutions battle.
Former Alaska Governor and Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin also weighed in:
There’s no such thing as a coincidence. Today I’m looking forward to speaking at a pro-life women’s resource center in Nevada. I intend again to remind women that we are strong enough and capable enough to choose life and work together to create a culture that empowers everyone to live to the fullest. How ironic that on this same day President Obama will be headlining a gala event for the highly controversial and repeatedly discredited organization Planned Parenthood. He’s the first sitting president to speak to them, but then again he’s also the first president who is so radically pro-abortion that as a state senator he refused three times to vote in favor of legislation that would simply provide medical attention to babies born alive from botched abortions. Considering the role Planned Parenthood has played in looking the other way while the mass murdering abortion doctor Gosnell butchered babies born alive from his horrific infanticide procedures and abused his women patients, it’s perhaps not surprising that this same president sees nothing wrong with allowing his name to be so openly associated with this organization.
Please take a look at the following excerpt from Jonah Goldberg’s book “Liberal Fascism” for information about the racist and eugenicist origins of Planned Parenthood, then ask yourself again why in the world our president would “bless” the cruel underlying efforts of an organization like this. Do you want him to spend your family’s hard earned tax dollars funding this culture of death? Surely there are people of good conscience within Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion centers who will feel the imperative within themselves to find other ways to help women in their time of need. There are so many better answers than merely eliminating the most precious, promising ingredient we have on earth – innocent human life. May efforts to cull the defenseless and vulnerable not be “blessed,” instead may God bless those who decide that respecting a culture of life in America is the only way to get us out of the mess we’re in.
During his address not only did he fail to mention the Gosnell trail, he also never mentioned the word abortion. Fascinating since that is what they do the most of.
- During fiscal year 2011-2012, Planned Parenthood reported receiving a record $542 million in taxpayer funding (pg. 8 of report) in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements. Taxpayer funding consists of 45% (pg. 7) of Planned Parenthood’s annual revenue.
- In 2011, Planned Parenthood performed a record high 333,964 abortions. (pg. 5)
- Over the past three reported years (2009-2011), Planned Parenthood has performed nearly one million abortions (995,687). (According to annual reports, abortions performed by Planned Parenthood 332,278 in 2009; 329,445 in 2010; 333,964 in 2011)
- Planned Parenthood reported a total of three million clients in 2011, meaning that 11% of all Planned Parenthood clients received an abortion. (Planned Parenthood reports 3 million patients in 2011 in citation at bottom of p. 4 of annual report)
- In 2011, abortions made up 92% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services, while prenatal care and adoption referrals accounted for only 7% (28,674) and 0.6% (2,300), respectively. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 145 abortions. (pg. 5 of report)
- Cancer screening & prevention services and contraceptive services provided by Planned Parenthood continue to drop. Contraceptive services have dropped by 12% since 2009, and cancer screening & prevention services have dropped by 29%. (According to annual reports, in 2009 Planned Parenthood’s contraceptive services numbered 3,868,901, this decreased to 3,436,813 in 2011. Likewise, in 2009 Planned Parenthood’s cancer screenings & prevention services numbered 1,830,811, this decreased to 1,307,570 in 2011)
- Planned Parenthood reported $87.4 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.2 billion in net assets. (pg. 9).
And this is a “non-profit” organization. May God convict all of those who work in this industry of death.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Caffeinated Thoughts Takes Over Mac’s World Live (For a Day) - September 24, 2016
- Ted Cruz Endorses Donald Trump - September 23, 2016
- Hillary Clinton’s Most Awkward Interview (Video) - September 22, 2016