We got to hear about Mitt Romney’s 1983 episode of traveling with his dog’s crate on top of the family car – with his dog in it. Now conservatives respond in kind, and I find it *amazing* that the media didn’t grab hold of this back in 2008. Jim Treacher reminded us of this little gem a couple of days ago. In President Barack Obama’s autobiography, Dreams From My Fathers, the President wrote of his childhood in Indonesia.
With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.
What does this have to do with either men’s qualifications? Not much really other than both men have had experiences that most Americans don’t resonate with. Now if Mitt Romney did what he did with a cat I could totally understand (kidding! Sort of…). What we do see today is that the internet abounds with creativity and too many people with too much time on their hands. Some of my favorites below:
1. Caption via Bart Munson – “Some people walk their dog. Our President woks his dog.”
2. Dig in!
3. Here Bo, here Bo!
4. Finger-licking good!
5. Hot dog!
6. Soup of the Day
7. This is my favorite cut of canine!
8. Hope and change!
Feel free to provide your own captions.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Kavanaugh: The Last Minute Character Assasination Will Not Succeed - September 24, 2018
- Iowa Poll Shows A Tight Governor’s Race Between Hubbell and Reynolds - September 24, 2018
- The New Yorker Article With Kavanaugh’s Second Accuser Is a Train Wreck - September 24, 2018